Women's Book Club
- A monthly gathering on Monday evenings to discuss current books of interest, this group is open to all regardless of how far you actually made it through the monthly selection!
Writing and Prayer Group
- Interested in developing your skills in expressive/creative writing? Excited by the opportunity to create prayers for use in our weekly worship services? Come join us for our monthly evening meetings to share our writing and discuss what makes it effective.
Kainos Arché Alternative Worship Design
- Admiral UCC offers occasional weekday evening worship services to celebrate significant events in the liturgical year (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Ascension Day, and the Longest Night). Kainos Arché is a Greek phrase which means "new beginnings", representing this group's commitment to thinking creatively about what makes worship engaging, thoughtful, and personal for parishioners. We meet weekly in the month before our upcoming service to brainstorm creative ideas and structure the service for inclusivity and impact.
Cutting Edge Art Group
- We use tissue paper, cardboard, glue, and paint to create dramatic, inexpensive works of art. No experience or “artistic talent” (whatever that means) required! You will learn basic skills and design techniques you can use to create your own projects as well! Contact the office for current meeting times/dates.
Outreach and Service Team
- Admiral UCC supports a number of community organizations and events throughout the year to provide needed aid locally and nationally. Our Outreach and Service Team helps to identify priorities for our congregation and the best strategies for effective mobilization of our members and the community.
Music Advisory Committee
- Music is a big part of worship and community life here at Admiral. The choir is one of our strongest internal ministries, and our staff is exceptional. This group gathers to help support the music ministry of our church, offer suggestions and creative ideas for the future, and coordinates events such as neighborhood sing-alongs, Christmas caroling, and other music programming that reaches beyond our worship.
Fundraising and Events Committee
- Part of our work as a neighborhood church is to help people connect, and there is no better way than through events which invite people in and let them know what we are all about. Our BINGO Nights are the newest contribution of the FEC, and more is on the way.